My friends are planning a baby shower for a brand new mama-to-be, so I thought it would be a good time to suggest some fabulous baby shower party games:
- Chocolate covered nappy: this infamous game involves using a CLEAN nappy filled with various melted chocolates and the guests have to sniff/taste they way to a guess of which chocolate was used. Suggested by Amy from the smallest of things.
- Abi from something about baby suggested loads of games (see her post) my favourites were the egg and sperm race (decorate the wooden spoon as a giant sperm) and guess the celebrity baby name.
- This game sounds great: fill baby bottles with a drink and the first to finish the bottle wins (could be any drink in their). Thanks to Mia for this suggestion.
- Some twists on traditional party games from Nicola (all things spliced) pin the dummy on the baby, modelling play doh babies and fill in the missing nursery rhyme lyrics.
- Porn or Push? You all get pictures of women giving birth mixed with porno faces and have to guess which is which. Thanks to Leslie from Messy Blog for this suggestion.
- Michelle from the purple pumpkin Suggested guess the famous baby, using childhood photos of celebrities.
- The baby food game was also suggested but I think I will avoid that one, thanks Emma from the Money Whisperer.
I now have loads of ideas for games, can’t wait to show you all photos from the party!!
Personally I suffer from dentist phobia, I have since I was little. I get worked up days before my appointment, losing sleep and getting anxious and then on the day of the appointment I will feel sick and get a tight upsetting feeling in my stomach and will often have panic attacks in moments before I go in.
When I was contacted by Hypnosis Ninja I immediately though to trial their “fear of dental work” track.
The track is sent to your email and you can save it to iCloud which means you can play it directly from there. It is about 10 minutes long, you need to be sitting or lying comfortably (ie not being distracted by other things and definitely not driving), I used it as heading off to sleep, I found it help settle me really quickly as it has a meditative quality to it as well (they state that you can happily fall asleep while listening to it and it still works).
I listened to the track about 10 times, although they say it can work from listening to it once, and had a dentist appointment this week: I slept normally the night before and although I still got anxious and nervous before my appointment I did not have a panic attack and was much more calm than normal. So I would say it has helped.
Hypnosis Ninja offer all kinds of hypnosis help:
I’m off to download the “get to sleep fast” track to try out with Bethany! I hope there is something here for you to try x
*please note: item was received free for review, however this has not effected my opinion and all words are my own. Affiliate links have been used.
We all know how hard work travelling with children can be, check out our tips and hints here.
Posh Paws International, exclusive producers of the Tsum Tsum collection have recently brought out the Tsum Tsum Vacation Pack.
The Tsum Tsums are all dressed ready for their summer holidays. Minnie, Mickey, Donald, Daisy, Dumbo and Pluto (I love Pluto best!) all with rubber rings, goggles, swimming hats and surf boards, they are so cute!
Since we are a blogging team we separated our Tsum Tsum buddies and half went off to the Philippines with Epril and half stayed home with me an my kids (sorry for the boring holiday Minnie, Dumbo and Pluto lol).
They went to the Arundel Wildfowl Trust with us, spent time on Worthing seafront and helped teach my kids to ride their bikes!
The Tsum Tsums are small enough to fit in your handbag and yet really help entertain the kids when they are getting bored. Definitely a toy worth pulling out when the kids start getting irritate half way through the journey.
Here are a few of Epril’s photos from the Philippines, even if their holiday was upset by a family disaster.
*note: toys were provided free for the purpose of this review, this did not effect my opinion and all words are my own
Since having the children we have had several photoshoots which we have bought canvases from and boy are they expensive; I think the last one cost £1000! It’s a lovely print but ouch!
We all have so many lovely pictures taken on our phone now and the quality of the cameras are so good that you might as well get some prints done from them.
Photowall offer some lovely canvas prints and wallpaper murals but they also offer the option to upload your own image and put it on a canvas with frame or as a wallpaper mural.
Photowall were kind enough to send me a canvas with frame from one of our photos, from Disneyland Paris last year. I admit I didn’t pay attention to the sizing and was stunned when it arrived:
But the quality is amazing considering it was taken on a lowly iPhone 5. Although it didn’t arrive in its frame it was really easy to put together (well it was easy for hubby).
If you would like 20% off at Photowall as well then use the code: amyshiphamcampaign2017 code valid until end of November 2017
*please note: canvas was provided free for the purpose of this review, however all words and opinions are my own.
Whenever the kids head back in September I find it’s the sign that winter is coming an not only are the days grey and horrid but the kids head home with a million germs and we get hit by colds (check out my post about avoiding the cold and tips on how to fight it here). Continue reading “Beating the winter blues and back to school energy slump”
When a new baby is born you get so many visitors and they all bring a gift for baby, what they often forget is that Mummy has just been though a massive life changing experience and needs a bit of attention too. Continue reading “Unique idea for a new baby gift for Mummy”
Ok we all know about “man flu”, how at the smallest sniffle the guys are meant to lie on the sofa in a grumbling, feeling sorry for themselves mess (which just for the record my hubby doesn’t do this, he is actually pretty female in his reaction to a cold) so let me explain the mummy cold: no staying in bed late, no sitting on the sofa watching to all day and no rest, we have to suck it up and get on with it. The school run must still be done, everyone still needs feeding and the housework will only go a few hours without being done.
My temperature is well over 38, my nose won’t stop running, my head throbs with every blink and I am exhausted.
What an amazing time for Coldzyme to send me their product which prevents the common cold (if you start using it soon enough) or shortens the duration of your cold. It is a mouth spray, 2 squirts to the back of the throat (it doesn’t taste terrible actually) which apparently coats the lining of the throat and acts as a barrier preventing the cold virus from being with the human cells.
Unfortunately I think I got the sample too late to help me with this cold so I’ve asked my fellow blogger how they treat their colds:
- Sophia from Tattooed Tealady suggests boiled water with ginger, lemon and honey. Which sounds lush to me!
- Laura from five little doves suggests Vicks on the feet with socks over. I’ve tried this before and it never works for me but does for the kids, weird!
- Sinead suggests Chai Tea, not something I’ve tried, but apparently is full of cold busting spices.
- I love the idea of this Elderberry cough syrup from bluebearwood
- Alice from Living with a Jude recommends rooibos, peppermint or ginger tea and a steaming bowl with peppermint in to clear the sinuses.
I shall report back as to whether the Coldzyme helps clear it quickly, but in the mean time I will go rest and recuperate!
*coldzyme was provided free for trial, but I was not required to write about it I chose to of my own doing.